What does it mean to be green? “Green” is more than just a color, is way of live and thinking that make you closer to our planet and nature.
Why green? Plants are green, and without them the Earth wouldn’t be such a lovely home for us human beings.
Every day, people make choices that affect the amount of trash and pollution that gets produced in our world.
What can you do to clean the environment? Here some simple steps you should follow..
- Reduce the amount of stuff you use and throw away.
- Reuse stuff when you can.
- Recycle cans, bottles, paper, books, and even toys.
- Enjoy the Earth, walk in the woods, plant a tree, and eat some of the delicious food it produces.
When you use less of something, you do a good thing for the Earth. For instance, a shorter shower means you used less water and less fuel since your house uses fuel to run the water heater that warmed up the water.
Here’s a list of other stuff you can reduce:
- Turn off lights you’re not using. Better yet, encourage your parents to switch to energy efficient light bulbs, Turn off the water when you’re brushing your teeth.
- When you can, walk or ride your bike instead of riding in a car. You’ll use less gas — and get some exercise!
- Unplug the chargers for your phone and MP3 player when you’re not using them.
Many times, even if you no longer need something, someone else just might. For instance, if your baby brother outgrows his plastic basketball hoop, why not give it to another family who has a little kid? It’s also one less large plastic toy that needs to be produced, packaged, and shipped to the toy store.
Here are some other ways to reuse the stuff you have:
- Choose reusable travel cups instead of disposable paper or plastic cups.
- Take your own bags — preferably reusable ones — when you go to the grocery store.
- Drink tap water instead of buying bottled water. Get a reusable water bottle so you can take it with you.
- Take paper from your computer printouts and use the other side for more computer printing or just to draw or doodle on.
Recycling has never been easier. Many communities will pick it up right in front of your house and some towns even require it. You’ll organize the recyclable items in bins, remember to put them on the curb on recycling day, and help remind others which items can be rinsed and recycled.
By separating plastic bottles, cans, bottles, and more, you’re reducing the amount of trash that goes to the landfill.
What else can be recycled? Sometimes water can be. For instance, some communities take used water — like from the washing machine and shower — and clean it up so it’s safe to use for watering the grass and flowers.
And what about the plastic emergency?
We dispose of 50 billion plastic bottles every year and cities are starting to ban . plastic bags because of the damage they’ve caused to the environment. As plastic degrades, a process that can take 500-1000 years, it breaks down into tiny particles that float through the ocean and endanger marine life. The particles not only harm marine life, but they also emit toxins that contaminate fish, and eventually, humans.
The BIG 4 plastic polluters are our main issue at the moment: the coffee cups + lids, plastic bottles, straws and plastic bags.
What can we do against plastic pollution?
- Don’t use the big four plastic polluters (plastic coffee cups and lids, plastic bottles and tops, plastic straws and plastic bags) and encourage others to do the same.
- Spread the word about the problems with single-use plastic.
- Encourage cafes and schools in your local area to become Plastic Free
CoccoleBimbi has always been very close to an eco-sustainable lifestyle, vegan, green and plastic free. In the fashion system many brands like Bobo Choses, Stella McCartney, Mini Rodini and Mini Melissa have approached the green, eco friendly and environmentally friendly philosophy.