Christmas is almost here and Prince and the Baker has made the traditional Christmas holiday dessert: the gingerbread cookies but in the vegan version.
For the occasion, Prince and the Baker has picked from CoccoleBimbi’s wardrobe the Sottocoperta’s red pyjamas with the iconic festive cloud printed on.
Are you willing to discover more the perfect receipt to make during Christmas time?
Here you find all the steps, make sure to follow it carefully and then show us your creation:
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp evaporated cane sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup fancy molasses
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the coconut oil and the sugar. Beat for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is nice and light. Add the water, molasses and vanilla, beat for another 30 seconds to mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed sugar mixture, beating to combine.
- Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (or for at least 2 hours)
- Before rolling, let the dough sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Roll the dough directly onto parchment paper. The dough should be 1/4″ thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out the dough, use a flat spatula to gently remove the excess dough. Keep re-rolling and cutting out the dough until it’s all used up.
- Pop the unbaked cookies into the freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges and barely firm in the centre.
- Let them cool completely before decorating. Store them in an airtight container for a perfectly soft chewy molasses cookie texture. Alternatively, you can store them with a little bit of air ventilation for a lightly crisp, snappy gingerbread cookies.
What are your plans for your Christmas holidays?
CoccoleBimbi has a special selection for every moment of the holiday, discover them on CoccoleBimbi.com